makeup

makeup

Tuesday 4 November 2014

An attempt at recreating Charlotte Tilbury's The Rebel

I've always loved jewel-toned smoky eyes; they've always been my go-to makeup look for an evening out with my friends. So when I saw Charlotte Tilbury's makeup challenge, I knew instantly which look I was going to recreate - it had to be The Rebel!

The Rebel just so happens to include one of the most flattering techniques for my eye shape and colour - horizontal elongation.

I have small, almond-shaped eyes with little lid space underneath my eyebrow, and for that reason I prefer to extend my eyeshadow horizontally instead of vertically. Those familiar with my FOTDs will see that the horizontal elongation is the basis of all my dramatic eye looks; I just change up the eyeshadow colours/placements/textures to suit my mood.



Here is my take on 'The Rebel':


Here's a better close-up of the eye. You can see that I've extended the liner into the inner corners for added emphasis:


For the actual eyeshadow, I used a mixture of singles including Nars Single Eyeshadow in Night Porter, Catrice Absolute Eye Colour Mono in Don't Touch My Mosserati! and the charcoal black shade from Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in OR302 Fire. Yes, Fire has not yet been purged - the black is way too useful for me to get rid of at the moment. 

You'll also note that I can't look rebellious to save my life. I tried looking intensely for the photos but just ended up looked angry. So here are my usual smiley faces for you: 




I actually tried this out months ago but only just got to uploading it, oops. Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Green looks gorgeous on you, Lisa! I often use that placement too - I have almond shaped eyes as well and can't do very round eye looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Monika! Green eyeshadow was one of my first ever eyeshadow looks when I was getting into makeup. :) Horizontal elongation ftw! :D

    ReplyDelete