makeup

makeup

Monday 26 May 2014

Taupey fun: layering Shu Uemura ME856 with KATE Metallic Jewelry Eyes BK-1

Given my recent appreciation of taupes, as well as my current obsession for layering eyeshadows, it won't come as a surprise to you that today I decided to indulge in some taupey layering. 

In my last post, I had mentioned that I was intending to purge my Shu ME856 because it creases on me. Today I decided to give it another go, and as an afterthought, I patted some of this beautiful KATE Metallic Jewelry Eyes in BK-1 over the top. I was somehow hoping that the additional eyeshadow would somehow prevent creasing? Hmm, I shall have to report back. 

Shu Uemura ME856 // KATE Metallic Jewelry Eyes BK-1
The KATE looks surprisingly similar to Chanel's Illusion d'Ombre in this photo, however in reality the two are quite dissimilar. If it weren't for my Mirifique drying out on me, I would have included a comparison photo here. 

Anyway, the KATE doesn't have too strong a colour pigment; its monochromatic, metallic glitters set in a sheer grey base. There are no special flashes of colour, just buildable levels of shine. 

Below are swatches of how the shadows look separately and layered together. I actually used a very light touch to pick up the KATE eyeshadow. It has a cool, wet-but-dry touch to the fingers - sounds strange, but this is the best way I can describe it. 

ME856 has a warm metallic satin sheen on my skin, and when paired together with the cool tones of the KATE, it creates a beautiful neutral shimmer. I love how this turned out! Neither of the shades look that special on their own, but layering the two makes both of them shine (pun not intended but intentionally not edited :P). 

L-R: Shu ME856 // KATE Metallic Jewelry Eyes BK1 // KATE layered over Shu
I'll include a quick FOTD using the eyeshadows today. I am wearing KATE Art Dial mascara and Chanel Espiegle as blush, over Shu Nobara stick foundation in 564 and Guerlain Meteorites Teint Rose.


See why I included swatches? This photo could not do the eyeshadows justice :)

Thanks for reading! I have a feeling the next few looks I create will still involve lots of taupey layering. I am thinking of layering some with the pink and blue shades from SUQQU Mizuaoi. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment